Fondren Renaissance’s annual holiday open house, Fondren Unwrapped – featuring merchant open houses and the arrival of Santa – is tonight, Thursday, November 15, 2018, in the downtown Fondren historic district.
Presented by BankPlus, the evening focuses on a holiday shopping opportunity for event goers with holiday-themed fun sprinkled throughout the night.
Look for activities on blocked off and freshly paved Duling Avenue (paving is happening today and promises to be ready by tonight), including the Beacon Makers Market featuring 20+ artisan vendors; a bounce house at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church; and costumed characters throughout the neighborhood. Santa’s sleigh will park outside BankPlus on Duling Avenue and photo-taking is welcome.
The full list of activities includes:
• Libations and appetizer, previewing new art collection by Leslie Ridgeway – GLO
• Live artists demos plus the grand opening of the Brooks Collection atelier – Nancy Price
• 20+ makers plus limited edition print release of an original Jason Jenkins dinosaur drawing, signed and numbered – The Beacon
• Live music from Keri Davis and Richard McKey. All artwork is 25% off regular price – Fondren Art Gallery
• Ken Crotwell Catering, live music from Earl Bell and Linda Gilbert showing some of her paintings. Purchase one frame with lenses, get a second frame or equal or lesser value free (through December 31) – Custom Optical
• Thirsty Thursday Night with $4 holiday Sangria – all day/night – Babalu
• Guest vendors Lo Lady Fashion Jewelry and Candy Spurzem Glass – The Glass House (Fondren Corner)
• Open studio and holiday greeting cards – Leslie Baskin Designs (Fondren Corner)
• Breathe In, Breathe Art – Silent Art Auction Event for Mississippi Cystic Fibrosis – The Flamingo
• “That’s Amore!” Art Space 86 exhibition of Italian-themed artwork by David West, Katey Carter and Jerrod Partridge – CAET (private dining space)
• Milly Trunk Show and a “sweets and treats” table – Treehouse Boutique
• “Under $200” pieces plus new work by Ginny Futvoye – Brown’s Fine Art & Framing
• Drinks and treats for pups, Jackson Friends of the Animal Shelter Christmas Tree with pet adoptions – The Pet Shop of Fondren
• Serving hot chocolate and other beverages plus a special sale section; purchase holds so you can shop hands-free – Blithe & Vine
• Cajun Christmas with red beans and rice and New Orleans style bread pudding courtesy of McDade’s. See the five foot tall 12 days of Christmas Cake! – Interiors Market
• Just arrived: Old Soul Bourbon from Cathead Distillery – Fondren Cellars
• Kickoff to Drawdown – Mississippi Kidney Foundation (3000 Old Canton, first floor)
• Ardenland presents The Charlie Hunter Trio – 7:30 p.m., Duling Hall (ticket required)
Dine with one of our nearly two-dozen restaurants, bars, bakeries and coffee shops who are always open and ready to serve the best from “Mississippi’s Culinary Capital™!”