The Women’s Foundation of Mississippi, a public grantmaking foundation focused on improving conditions for women and girls across the state, announced grant awards totaling $285,000 for eleven Mississippi-based nonprofit agencies and programs.
The investments fall in two priority areas identified by the Foundation: access to opportunity through a two-generation approach and teen pregnancy prevention & reproductive health education. The grants range from $5,000 to $40,000 and run between one and two years in length.
The organizations and programs the grants will benefit include:
• 2ndChance Mississippi, a children’s early learning-parental education and training program
• Itawamba Community College’s Women Advancing Generational Employment and Success (W.A.G.E.S)
• Mississippi State University – Meridian Campus’s Stand by You Program for mothers
• Pearl River Community College’s Making ‘WAVES’ (Women Achieving Victories and Educational Success)
• Children’s Defense Fund – Southern Regional Office, serving a two-generation approach to adult education
• We2Gether Creating Change, wisdom building for children and families
• Community Foundation of Washington County’s Girls Write the World program
• East Mississippi Community College’s Plan2Postpone (P2P)
• National Florence Crittenton Mission (The Lighthouse | Black Girl Projects)’s Lighthouse Health Ambassadors
• Teen Health Mississippi: LinkedUp, a program connecting teens to birth control before college
• University of Mississippi Medical Center’s EmpowerU Project
Originally a fund housed at the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson, the Women’s Foundation has been an independent 501(c)(3) since 2008.
In that time, the Foundation has awarded over $3.8 Million in grants benefiting nonprofits, programs, and educational institutions across Mississippi. In addition to the new awards granted in this cycle, the Foundation distributed $225,000 earlier this year, bringing the total 2018 investment to $510,000.
Learn more about the Women’s Foundation of Mississippi by visiting our website at womensfoundationms.org.