Oxford-based Dent May returns to his Belhaven roots this Saturday, headlining Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights, “The Hottest Festival in Town,” celebrating its 9th year. The fest kicks off at 5:30pm and runs until 9:30pm on Carlisle and Kenwood Streets.
Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights, in the next-to-Fondren Belhaven neighborhood, is an end-of-the-summer tradition that celebrates all things Greater Belhaven including art, music, children’s activities and food. Once again named a Top 20 Event in the Southeast for the month of August by the Southeast Tourism Society, the festival begins at McDade’s parking lot and goes down Carlisle Street to New Stage Theatre and on Kenwood Place, extending into Belhaven Park.
This year’s event on Saturday, August 10, 2013, will feature:
- Five stages filled with live music including Blues, Jazz, Celtic, Indie Rock and Acoustic
- A children’s area including space jumps, arts & crafts activities, games and a clown
- Food for sale from the popular Greater Belhaven area restaurants
- Items available for purchase by the merchants and artisans of the Greater Belhaven neighborhood
- A silent auction filled with signature festival artwork and a free raffle of items from area merchants
- Drinks including water, soft drinks and beer will be for sale
- Free parking will be available at New Stage Theatre, along Belhaven streets and in the parking garage adjacent to Baptist Health Systems Medical Arts East at the corner of North and Carlisle Street
Event entrance fees are $5 for adults and $1 for children ages 12 and under. No coolers are allowed. Due to the large crowd at the festival, dogs are strongly discouraged.
Check out this year’s musical lineup here – featuring Furrows, Taylor Hildebrand, TB Ledford and more!
With information from Greater Belhaven Neighborhood Foundation