March 21, 2013 • 12:41pm (reflects changes in schedule)
Fondren’s Zippity Doo Dah® Weekend kicks off today. Here’s a rundown of the what and where (and who to say thanks to for bringing you these great events!)
Thursday, March 21
• The return of the world-renowned Budweiser Clydesdales returning for a second year courtesy of Southern Beverage. The Clydesdales will be in Fondren throughout the entire three-day Fondren Zippity Doo Dah® Weekend. 5:30pm – 9pm. Free
• Kick Off Press Conference at Blair E. Batson Hospital For Children. 5:30pm
• BancorpSouth presents Arts, Eats & Beats featuring Southern Halo and Buddy & The Squids on the Ergon-Clear Channel stage on Duling Avenue. 5:30pm – 9pm. Free
Friday, March 22
• Crown Royal and Ketel One present the Sweet Potato Queen’s® Big Hat Luncheon and Battle of the Cake Decorators competition at Sal & Mookie’s. 11am. Ticketed
• Runnels Center presents the Unzipped Runway Fashion Show at The Hilton – 1001 East County Line Road. 11am. Ticketed
• First Commercial Bank and University of Mississippi Medical Center present The Bouffants – Ergon-Clear Channel stage at The Hilton – 1001 East County Line Road. 6pm. Free.
Saturday, March 23
• Bo Knows Mortgages Team at Cornerstone Lending presents the Children’s Character Breakfast at Walker’s Drive-In. 8am. Ticketed
• Color Me Rad 5k Run and Walk in the Mississippi Veteran’s/JSU Stadium parking lot. 9am.
• Sal & Mookie’s Children’s Carnival on the Mississippi Veteran’s/JSU Stadium green space off State Street. 10am. Armband charge.
• Zippity Doo Dah® Parade: The nighttime parade begins at dusk and features the world famous Budweiser Clydesdales, Richard Schwartz & Associates presents the Jackson State Sonic Boom, the infamous march of the Sweet Potato Queens® and the original Sweet Potato Queen® herself, Jill Conner Browne. Dusk. Free