For 15 years, Fondren Renaissance brought Arts, Eats & Beats to the streets and shops of Fondren, a spring open house and creativity-centered evening.
After a hiatus in 2016, the event returns on May 4, anchored by the longtime support of the night’s presenting sponsor, BancorpSouth.
Arts, Eats & Beats brings galleries, specialty stores and restaurants together with musical offerings and special art events.
Highlights of the night are the return of the world-renowned Budweiser Clydesdales (courtesy of Southern Beverage), the Mississippi Heritage Trust Mississippi Mod Affair Architectural Tour (tickets available here), a plein air painters day and evening “wet show” (register with an email to email@example.com) and the Patty Peck Honda Doo Dah Day™ Blue Car Giveaway at BancorpSouth (raffle tickets available here).
Other activities include:
- School student Clothes Line Art Show – Duling Avenue
- Red Door Jackson “Mississippi to Missouri” Art Show and Sale – Brent’s
- Pastel Painters art show – St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
- Kids’ area with Dave’s Petting Zoo and bounce house – St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
- Center for Mental Health – Mental Health Month – Duling Green
- Hinds Community College Jazz Band – Duling Avenue
- Student Rock Band – Fondren Guitars
- Live music around the downtown Fondren historic district, including the Sneaky Beans stage
Fondren Renaissance says there’s even more to come, so look for updates here and on the event’s Facebook page.